Installing the Workspot Windows Client on a Windows-based thin client system is generally the same as on any other Windows system except that the UWF write filter has to be dealt with.
- Sign into the thin client as an administrator.
- Disable the write filter
uwfmgr filter disable
uwfmgr volume unprotect c:
- Install the Workspot Client by executing the Workspot Client MSI file.
- Copy the Workspot Windows Client distribution file (WorkspotClientSetup64.msi or WorkspotClientSetup32.msi, available from http://download.workspot.com) to the thin client.
- With kiosk mode, some command-line options are mandatory. See Running Workspot Client in Kiosk Mode.
- In Workspot mode, command-line options not mandatory. The “allusers=1” option is useful for shared systems. (See the kiosk-mode document for the switches for both modes.)
- Exclude Workspot Client folders and registry entries from write protection:
uwfmgr file add-exclusion “C:\Program Files\Workspot” uwfmgr file add-exclusion “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Workspot” uwfmgr file add-exclusion “%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\ Workspot” uwfmgr registry add-exclusion HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ Workspot
- Re-enable the write filter:
uwfmgr filter enable uwfmgr volume protect c:
- Test the installation by launching the Workspot Client and having the user follow the sign-in prompts.