Bug fixes and new features.
Download from the Mac App Store.
Supported OS Versions
- macOS 10.11 and up.
- Note: The future Release 3.2 of the Mac Client is expected to require macOS 10.13 and up.
New and Enhanced Features
- In windowed mode, resizing the Workspot desktop/app window resizes the remote desktop/app display size. This is effective down to a windows size of 640x480 pixels. Smaller window sizes will show a partial desktop
- Workspot desktop/app windows can be zoomed. Zoom is enabled in the Client’s “Preferences > RDP > Display” settings.
- Auto-reconnect for dropped connections.
- On the Apple British/UK Keyboard, the following keys now work as expected when connected to Workspot desktops/apps: ", @, \, |, ~. The #, €, ±, and § keys are not supported.
- Microsoft Office applications on remote Windows desktops have a different appearance and lack some copy/paste functions on the Workspot Mac client compared to the Windows Client or a local Windows system.
- In Microsoft Excel apps, once a right-click submenu is opened, the submenu does not close and the right-click menu is not responsive if the cursor is returned to the right-click menu.
- If a desktop/app window is resized so it is larger than the local screen in one dimension, the remote session will freeze. Workaround: Resize back to a displayable size.
- When the network connection is interrupted, remote desktops/apps may show the “Reconnecting” message but not reconnect.
- When the user presses “Cancel” on desktop/app connection messages, and then relaunches the desktop/app later, the connection message may remain stuck in the connecting state. Workaround: Cancel and relaunch again.
- Scrolling is sometimes jerky.
- Desktop dialog is not getting dismissed after logging into persistent desktops when the Client’s “Disable SSO” option is enabled and the security policy’s “Enable Cached Credentials” is set to “no.”
- A duplicate desktop icon is created on Client if a new end-user accepts the “New configuration available” option and then launches a desktop while the desktop pool is being resized.
- If an end-user launches a full-screen desktop and then a full-screen app, the desktop may become inaccessible until the app is closed.
- Within Workspot apps, trying to move a dialog box or other window may be jumpy rather than smooth.
- With multi-factor authentication, if the user does not respond to the MFA challenge, the login attempt times out after five minutes with the message “The credentials you entered are incorrect."