Workspot Control Release R10.1 is a new-feature and bug-fix release.
New Features and Enhancements
The subdomain field can be set by customer
- The subdomain field forms part of the URLs that access the HTML5 Client, kiosk mode, and SAML. The subdomain field can now be set in Control by the Administrative user on the “Setup > Configuration” page.
The actual URLs that use the subdomain field are listed below its value. If the subdomain field is set, these are working links. Otherwise they are non-functional placeholders.
The features that use the subdomain field include:
- The Workspot HTML5 Client
- Ability to sign into Workspot Control using Azure AD.
- SAML login to Workspot Control.
- Kiosk Mode support with Workspot Windows Client 3.0 and above.
End-users can reboot desktops
- Users of persistent desktops (only) can reboot their desktop as desired, provided they are using a Workspot Client that supports this option. When this feature is enabled, persistent desktop icons will show a reboot button in the upper-right-hand corner.
- Clicking the button will pop up a confirmation window.
- This feature is enabled on a per-pool basis during pool creation in “Resources > VDI Pools > Add Pool.”
- Support for this feature is being released in Workspot Control first, followed by support in Workspot Clients, such as the upcoming Workspot Windows Client 3.1.
Dynamic Screen Resizing for the Workspot HTML5 Client.
- HTML5 Client supports dynamic screen resizing. Changing the size of the browser window will resize the remote desktop screen to the same pixel dimensions.
Per-desktop key-pair tags can be set from API.
Azure VMs with more CPU performance are available with Premium SSD.
Azure virtual machines in the Business Performance, Premium Performance and Power Performance categories now offer additional options for vCPU, RAM, and Premium SSD boot drives.
- vCPU: 2, 4, or 8.
- RAM: 4-16 GB.
- SSD: 128 GB – 1 TB.
- Google Chrome 70.0.3538.102
- Microsoft Internet Explorer IE11 (11.407.17134.0)
- Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0 (Microsoft Edge HTML 17.17134)
- In Control R10.0, the VM types for the POWER_RDS_VM and the PREMIUM_RDS_VM had their resource sizes swapped. This has been fixed.
- In kiosk mode, credential caching for desktop/applications does not work for the domain used for login.
- Filtering a desktop pool list by Error status returns a blank list. (Resources > VDI Pools > poolname > Summary > Select Status)
- Daily “Connector(s) Offline Alert” emails are sometimes sent even though there are no offline Connectors.
- Resizing an HTML5 Client window does not resize the remote desktop.
- Visual artifact in HTML5 Client domain and keyboard fields.
- VM instances that aren’t offered in the Azure Government Cloud are selectable, leading to provisioning failures.
- Custom icons with the .jpg extension may not render correctly on Internet Explorer 11. (.png files are preferred.)
- If a Workspot Enterprise Connector restarts within 20 minutes of its daily task run, email notifications may be sent twice.
- In the HTML5 Client, the domain and language drop-down menus are sometimes scaled differently from the parent field and may have misaligned drop-down buttons.