New Features and Enhancements
Helpdesk Admin Role
A new Helpdesk admin role has been created for L1 support staff. A Control user in the Helpdesk role can see a limited subset of Control information and take a limited number of actions.
A Helpdesk user can:
- Use Workspot Remote Assist to help users.
- Reboot virtual desktops.
- Send messages to the Workspot Client users.
- Disconnect users from desktops.
- Wipe Workspot data on Client.
- View event logs.
- Read (but not modify) information on the Groups page.
Helpdesk users cannot add or delete users, read sensitive cloud subscription information, or make infrastructure changes (create/delete desktop pools, etc.).
Azure Active Directory
Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) support has been expanded.
- Workspot mode is now supported.
- Supported on:
- Workspot HTML5 Client.
- Workspot Windows Client v3.0 and up.
- Workspot Mac Client v3.0 and up.
- Workspot iOS Client v4.0 and up.
- Workspot Android Client v4.0 and up.
You can now specify a field in the Active Directory user record to be used as the Cost Center Attribute. When specified, Workspot Control included cost center data in reports.
You can use the new Workspot Control API to automate configuration and monitoring tasks.
Features Reaching End-of-Life
The Content Repository, CIFS, and File features will no longer be supported on new installations.
Known Issues and Limitations
- On the Events page, the search feature gives unexpected results if the search string contains non-alphanumeric characters unless you place the search string in quotes.
- If you add an email address to the Active Directory entry for a user whose email was previously blank, the user may temporarily consume two desktops in a non-persistent desktop pool. See the FAQ for more information.
Workspot Control has been tested with the following browsers:
- Google Chrome 68
- Microsoft Internet Explorer - IE11 (11.285.17134.0)
- Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0 (Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134)