The first section of this document describes the general release of Windows Client for Workspot. The second and third sections discuss new features and enhancements to the Android Client for Workspot and Workspot Control, respectively.
Windows Client for Workspot
To use the Windows Client for Workspot you need:
- Windows 7 with SP1 and RDP 8.0 or greater, or Windows 8.1
The Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) 8.0 update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2592687.
An Update for RemoteApp and Desktop Connections feature is available for Windows here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2830477
There is an additional reference illustrating how Windows Client for Workspot may be utilized to access company materials and some common use cases here: https://workspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204512755-Windows-Client-General-Release-Demo-March-25-2015-
Android Client for Workspot Version 2.1
Many new features and enhancements are now available in the Android Client
- Improved rendering and sign-in support for Outlook Web Access
- Camera Roll uploads are supported based on IT policies
- Rooted device checks are supported based on IT policies
- Usability enhancements when using RemoteApps
- Document editing with the new RDP edit feature
- Files can be opened, viewed and edited using RemoteApps
- Microsoft OneDrive support as a Content Repository
Refer to our previous release notes where the Enhanced Client UI for Editing Content is described: https://workspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203696299-Workspot-Release-February-4-2015-#EnhancedClientUI.
New features and enhancements are available in the most recent update of Workspot Control
- New Create/Edit, Application Admin UI, and Platform support
- Ability to select Office icons from icon list or use a Default Icon
- A daily errors email is enabled for all active customers - email is sent if there are any errors generated by Workspot users since the previous day
- Improved Dashboard errors table and error email format
- Updated "invite all users" email text and link
- Target Platform and Default Icon features
- Mac client support
- Control dashboard performance enhancement
- Installed new APN certificates for iOS and Mac client
- Fix for a set of transaction errors reported on Production server
- Updated Http client jars to latest version
- 5 Demo accounts added to company "Workspot" with fixed activation codes for demo purposes
Refer to our previous release notes for additional details about Control and Remote Desktops and Apps: https://workspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203696299-Workspot-Release-February-4-2015-#RDPCREdit.